Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Reason 9: Logic

I have a student that I (and most of the students and teachers at our school) call Mongo. If you haven't seen Blazing Saddles, go watch it for this reference. Mongo is about 6'7", and he just towers over me. He's got a way of missing the forest for the trees. But one day in class we got a little logic out of Mongo.

Me: " Ok, well if you make your own food you are a....."

Mongo: "Plant."

Me: "And if you wanted to go to the grocery store and buy plants to eat, what section would you go to?"

Mongo: "The frozen food."

*grumble*

Me: "Not exactly, try the fresh plants."

Mongo: "Produce"

Me: "Ok good! And what do we call plants that produce their own food?"

Mongo: "Plants"

*frustrated grumble, as hands begin to go up in class*

Me: " Put your hands down, he's going to get this. Ok, Mongo. If I am a person who runs, then I am a..."

Mongo: "A runner"

Me: "Good, and if I am a plant who produces, then I am a ...."

Mongo: "Produce...er"

*Shouts of joy and loud applause resound in my classroom, as one student sums up the situation.*

Student: "It's a miracle!!! Mongo used logic!!!"

*More applause*

So it came to be known as The Day Mongo Used Logic

No comments:

Post a Comment